Gulyasleves [supa gulas]
Onions and peppers are cleaned and finely chopped. Wash the meat and cut into cubes.
Fry the onion and pepper. Add the meat that has been salted. Stir in the chopped garlic, pepper paste and cumin powder.
Put 3-4 l water + bay leaves and boil. The boiling time is different, it depends on how young the dance was, that is the cow !!!
When the meat is almost cooked, add the peeled potatoes, wash and cut into larger cubes.
From 3 beaten eggs + 1 tablespoon lard + salt and white flour, a thicker mayonnaise is made, which is taken with a spoon and poured into the soup, resulting in dumplings as thin as possible.
At the end, add the tomato juice, the chopped hot pepper and the celery leaves.
Season with salt, pepper and green parsley.
Giveaway for readers & # 8211 contest
at the end of the recipe awaits you a nice prize offered by friends from HEINNER Home Appliances!
Goulash paste is used in small quantities because it is very concentrated, salty and flavorful. From it we add a little to dishes with sauce (stews), to soups (which in our country are called borders), for baked or grilled steaks but also for various snacks or appetizers. It is not uncommon to grease a slice of homemade pita bread with butter or lard and put a few drops of gulyáskrém. Ioi, God, how good it is! Or grease a few crackers with a glass of brandy. Some put goulash paste over eggs, french fries or cold or hot sandwiches. It goes well with melted-au gratin cheese. It is a spicy and fragrant cream that warms your soul and sets your blood in motion.
Homemade goulash paste is made from several types of red peppers: kapia, donuts, bell peppers. I baked some of them on the stove, left the rest raw. There is no set recipe. Cumin cannot be missing. It must be a lot of onions that give sweetness and smoothness but also some garlic. A little oil helps the final creaminess of the pasta but also highlights its flavors. It is known that most flavors are fat-soluble and that fats in food are the "vehicles" that transport and dissipate them. Without fat, food is sad for this very reason.
The sharpness of this goulash cream is adjusted with hot peppers. If you are not a fan of something very hot, you can reduce the amount of hot peppers in the recipe.
The beef is washed and cut into cubes. Put the oil in a saucepan and heat well. Put finely chopped onion and fry gold.
Add the paprika, meat cubes and tomato paste. Salt and fry everything for a few more minutes, then quench with water or soup. Boil over medium heat until the meat is well penetrated, then add the cumin, marjoram, potatoes, bell peppers and tomatoes, all cut into cubes.
Continue cooking and, in the meantime, make an eggshell, flour and a little salt. Knead well and set aside for a few minutes. Pinch the small pieces of coca and put them to boil in boiling salted water.
After boiling, remove and add to the soup towards the end of cooking. After all the ingredients are well penetrated, the taste with salt and ground pepper is suitable.
How to make Hungarian goulash with beans and beef?
Add the beef and let it fry very lightly on each side. It should not brown but only close its pores.
Then follow the spices: salt, pepper, bay leaf, cumin (I also put berries and ground) and plenty of paprika. I put 2 good tablespoons of paprika (paprika). For a more spicy note you can add a little hot paprika.
Mix the meat well with the spices.
Foodblogger at Savori Urbane. #savoriurbane
Put the beans on top and top with water. Put the lid on and let it boil. About every 10 minutes we mix and fill with water if needed.
Add the cleaned vegetables and leave large pieces.
When the vegetables have boiled, take them out and grind them with a fork or pass them with a blender. They will form the thicker sauce. If you make the beans in a cauldron, they disintegrate on their own because there you will have to mix much more. Put back the mashed vegetables and the tomato sauce and fill with water if needed. We taste and correct the seasoning. I only added a little salt. We just have to wait for the beans and meat to boil.
Ingredients Clear beef soup & # 8211 step by step recipe
- beef broth & # 8211 700 grams weighed the 2 pieces of brine I used, can be used between 600 grams & # 8211 1 kg. brine or other beef with bone
- 350 grams of carrots (3 medium carrots)
- 150 grams of onion (one large or 2 small-medium onions)
- 100 grams of celery root
- 150 grams of parsnip root
- 100 grams of parsley root
- salt and pepper
- chopped green parsley, to sprinkle the soup at the end
- noodles, semolina dumplings or other garnishes for serving soup
How to prepare Clear beef soup & # 8211 step by step recipe
Before moving on to the cooking steps, I would like to point out that all the quantities on the list of ingredients above are indicative, ie nothing will happen if you use 300 or 400 grams of carrots instead of 350 grams, how much my carrots weighed, not even if you use a smaller parsley or a little more parsley root. I recommend using at least 150 grams of onion, which tastes good, and with the rest of the vegetables you can easily round it, starting from the recommended quantities and keep in mind that patience, ie slow cooking, without boiling, is the key to obtaining a concentrated and tasty soup. , of a meat broth as per the book.
1. Put the meat in a large pot (4-5 liters), cover with cold water, add 1 tablespoon of salt from the beginning and put on low heat without covering the pot.
2. Soon, foam will begin to form on the surface of the water in the pot, which is nothing more than a cocktail of meat protein, which coagulates in this form. Carefully froth the soup that boils over low heat, without boiling, 3-4 times, more precisely, until no more foam is formed.
A much needed parenthesis: this foam is not toxic, as it travels through certain places on the big internet, but it must be removed carefully, if we want to get a clear soup, otherwise, during boiling it will dissipate in millions of particles that will make the soup opaque. Also, the careful removal of the foam that forms on the surface of the soup will prevent cases of & # 8211 very rare & # 8211 allergies to certain types of proteins, of which, as Dr.Ing. Gabriela Berechet explained in an interview that she was kind enough to give me.
3. Once no more foam forms on the surface of the soup, add the whole vegetables, which, in the meantime, we have cleaned and washed well.
4. The clear beef soup will continue to boil, if necessary, topping with a little hot water, boiled separately, keeping the fire level very low, so that it does not boil at all, in which case the soup would be disturbed and the meat boiled it would have a rougher, sharper texture.
Specifically, the temperature of the liquid in the pot should be kept somewhere at 90-95 degrees Celsius, below the boiling point. Depending on how young / old the beef used was, the cooking time can vary from 3 hours to even 6 hours.
5. Finally, the meat should be soft, easy to pierce with a fork and the soft cartilage, easy to chew (and so, but so tasty, what about the marrow!). The whole meat and vegetables will be removed from the juice with a whisk and will be cooled, after they have drained well of the soup, and the beef soup is ready to be strained and clarified, if necessary.
How to clear clear beef soup
1. The first step in clarifying beef broth is to strain it through a thick sieve, preferably lined with a very clean cloth or gauze folded in several layers or, in their absence, with filter paper or kitchen paper. After filtration, the soup should remain very clear, the impurities being retained by the layers through which it is filtered.
2. If, even after straining, the soup has remained opaque, it can be clarified in two ways:
- mix 150 grams of lightly minced beef with 1 raw egg white, 1 diced carrot, 1 diced onion and 1 celery egg, also minced. Put everything in a pot and pour the warm strained soup, stirring constantly. Put the pot on the fire, stirring constantly until it heats up. When the soup comes to a boil, a protein cap will form on top, with a hole in the middle, which will retain all (or most) of the impurities. Turn off the heat and take the clarified soup with the polish from that hole in the middle, being careful not to break the lid and spread it in the soup again.
- beat 2 egg whites with a little salt until they form a foam, directly in a pot that can be put on the fire, add the hot strained soup, stirring constantly, then put the pot on low heat, gradually raising the temperature to boiling point . The egg whites should form a surface cover, in which most of the impurities will be entrained.
The well-clarified soup can be reduced to a super concentrated soup. Only when it has reached the desired degree of concentration, it will be seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
Depending on the preference, the soup can be partially or completely degreased. When beef soup is used as a base for other dishes (sauces, aspics) it is desirable to degrease completely, but when served as such, you can let small fat stars float to the surface, I, one, n- I would design a soup without them.
How to serve clear beef soup
Clear beef soup is served hot, seasoned with salt and white pepper to taste, with specific garnishes such as homemade noodles (click on the link for the recipe), these homemade noodles per minute or dumplings. Depending on the preference, small pieces of boiled meat, degreased and carefully cleaned of cartilage, vegetables cooked in the soup, usually carrots, can be added to the soup when serving small, the others not being visually appealing.
For this clear beef soup I used as a garnish the magic noodle, whose recipe will follow soon and even before serving, I sprinkled freshly chopped parsley on top.
As you can see, clear beef soup is & # 8230 how other than clear, concentrated and with little fat stars on the surface, a great way to start a tasty meal in the family.
Historical recipes from Transylvania. Cabbage soup-goulash, in Transylvanian style
Historical recipes from Transylvania. This dish was cooked, before 1900, in the Cluj area. It is very tasty and prepared in a kettle, in large quantities.
Erdélyi káposzta gulyásleves / Cabbage soup in Transylvanian style
Ingredient: 1,250 kg of mutton (or lamb, beef or pork) - use the meat from the chest, leg or back 250 g mixture of roots (carrot, parsnip, parsley root), a medium-sized onion, 3 puppies garlic, 10-15 bell peppers, a head of medium cabbage (600-700 g), 600 g potatoes, spices: sweet and / or hot paprika, marjoram, cumin seeds, a bay leaf, a tablespoon of green parsley crushed, 20 g of salt.
Method of preparation: bone the meat (if necessary), clean the skins and vinegar, wash well, cut into small cubes and boil in 2 liters of cold water for 8-10 minutes. It foams. Put & # 8230 & # 8230 & # 8230 in a gauze bag.
1 kg veal (pulp)
3 cloves of garlic
2 parsley roots
30 gr paprika (quality)
3 teaspoons dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoons salt
1 kg of potatoes
2 peeled tomatoes (canned)
1 baked red pepper (or 1 tablespoon sweet pepper paste)
1 teaspoon grated harissa (or chili, optional)
5 tablespoons oil
1/2 serving dough for dumplings
Supa Gulas / Gulyásleves
Supa de Gulas alias & # 8222Gulyásleves & # 8221 is a typical Hungarian dish and together with Goulash stew, are considered to be national dishes in Hungary.
Gulyás has its origins in the Hungarian Wilderness, being the food cooked outdoors in a cauldron (bogrács), on pirostrii, by the cowboys (Gulyás) of those times. Over time, a number of variants of this preparation have appeared.
This soup was made by my husband, as well as the description of the network. I just ate from it and now I share it with you.
Method of preparation:
The meat is washed and cut into cubes. All ingredients are prepared in advance. Cut into cubes or julienne. Put the oil in a saucepan and heat. Put the finely chopped onion and fry until golden.
Then add the meat cubes, peppers, tomatoes and tomato paste. Salt and destroy everything until the meat penetrates well. When everything has penetrated 70-80%, add the paprika.
The secret of an Austrian goulash is patience. Patience to harden the onion until it caramelizes, patience to boil. And a quality paper. Either a Hungarian paprika (from Szeged or Kolocsa), or a good Romanian paprika produced locally. Otherwise, follow the recipe and you will get a goulash cream with pieces of meat so well cooked that they unwrap themselves into strips.
Ingredients Gulas austriac
-1 kg beef neck
-800 gr onion
-2-3 cloves garlic
-1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar)
-1 tablespoon tomato paste
-3 tablespoons grated quality paprika (25 gr)
-a little boia iute
-1 teaspoon marjoram (or oregano)
-1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
-5 boils ienibahar
-1 bay leaf
-1 thyme thread (can be dried)
-grated peel from 1/2 lemon
-350 ml beef soup (or chicken soup or water)
-8 tablespoons oil
The beef is washed and cut into cubes. Put the oil in a saucepan and heat well.
Put the meat and fry briefly over high heat, until browned on all sides. Add onion and fry gold, then tomato paste and paprika. Fry everything for another 1-2 minutes, then pour water or soup.
Boil until the meat penetrates well, then add the cumin, diced potatoes and finely chopped bell pepper.
After all the ingredients are well penetrated, match the taste with salt, possibly with a little ground pepper, and serve with washed and finely chopped parsley.