Italian Almond Biscuits recipe
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Almond biscuits and cookies
These biscuits are not only sweet and incredibly nutty, but they are also gluten and dairy-free. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
10 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 50 biscuits
- 300g almonds
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Pour boiling water over the almonds in a heatproof bowl. Cool and remove skin.
- Dry almonds with kitchen towels, then finely grind with sugar in a food processor. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until very stiff and mix well with the almond paste.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment and use a teaspoon to spoon small heaps of dough onto the trays, spread well apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the biscuits are lightly browned. Cool down on a wire rack. Repeat with the second baking tray.