Fanta® cake recipe
- Dish type
- Cake traybakes
Fantakuchen is a favourite cake for kids in Germany. The common key ingredient in all variations is Fanta®.
8 people made this
- 4 eggs
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 100ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- 200ml Fanta® or another sparkling orange fruit drink
- 350g plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar for dusting
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:55min
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar till light and fluffy, Add oil and Fanta. In another bowl sift flour and baking powder with salt. Gradually add flour to the mixture whilst stirring. Mix well till evenly combined.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and evenly spread the mixture on the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool and decorate as desired.
You can leave the cake plain, dust it with icing sugar or with a chocolate icing.